NetOps teams consistently face a variety of challenges: the massive shift toward digital transformation, managing multi-vendor and hybrid infrastructure, full queues of service requests, and of course, the pressure to meet expanding business needs with limited resources. Building and maintaining secure network infrastructure is critical to the success of growing digital business initiatives, forcing NetOps to rethink the current status quo. NetOps automation is clearly a key part of the equation. However, the challenge lies in choosing the right NetOps tool to fit your team’s needs, goals and culture.
Unfortunately, it has become all too common that as the number of service requests grows, so does the number of SLA violations. As the digitalization trend continues, one of NetOps’ most critical responsibilities will be automating service request catalogues to prevent dangerous oversights like these.
Today, one of the most common service requests calls for a configuration change to one or many devices, requiring the attention of multiple siloed teams. Given the complexity of these requests combined with lack of coordination among teams, the result is often service delivery delays that ultimately impact broader digital business initiatives.
NetOps Automation with AppViewX
The new AppViewX Platform offers automation and orchestration tools to automate network and application service requests across multi-vendor and hybrid infrastructure from a visual view. The platform is integrated with best-of-breed and open-source network services such as those provided by application delivery controllers, security devices, certificate authorities and DNS servers. It provides a comprehensive view of your infrastructure and services. With the NetOps automation platform:
- NetOps teams can perform network infrastructure discovery. With the discovered Inframaps, teams can use network topology mapping to more effectively manage network infrastructure services.
- Network architects can create infrastructure Blueprints which NetOps teams can then deploy repeatedly, sparing them the cost and time involved in designing application infrastructure from scratch.
- Users enjoy seamless integration with best-in-class IT service management solutions that governs and records the service requests being executed in the automated workflow.
- NetOps teams can enable zero touch provisioning of service requests through proper change control across multi-vendor and hybrid infrastructure.
- NetOps teams can troubleshoot issues in real-time on a single live infrastructure map and get to know where their application stands.
CIOs need NetOps teams that can keep pace with the emerging digitalization demands of today. NetOps’ primary mission is to ensure network availability by effectively managing dynamic and complex environments. So, it is crucial that automation be worked into the equation.
Successfully implementing the right automation tools will prove crucial to achieving true business agility and ensuring NetOps team stay ahead of the curve.
Using the NetOps automation platform, users can:
- Enable self-servicing IT and automate service requests
- Achieve NetOps agility with zero touch provisioning
- Eliminate misconfigurations and human errors through automation
- Troubleshoot faster and monitor with application visibility
- Reduce NetOps costs by reusing infrastructure blueprints and automation workflow