October 27, 2016 09:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
AppViewX, a global leader in the management, automation and orchestration of data center services, conducted a survey among IT executives attending ONUG Fall 2016 this week in New York City. The survey reported that only a meager 11 percent of respondents felt completely in control of their data centers. AppViewX’s survey results signify a strong need for more robust management tools that can ease IT teams’ minds by guaranteeing compliance and enhancing efficiencies.
A majority (73 percent) of those surveyed believe that the hybrid cloud drives innovation more so than other infrastructures, with 50 percent noting that they have no plans to phase out their traditional data centers in the next five years. As evidenced by these findings, on-premises infrastructures are not going away, and enterprises need to adapt to this reality.
“We live in a world of five nine SLAs, where high availability of services and minimal downtime is a critical need,” said Manny Rivelo, CEO at AppViewX. “The fact that 89 percent of ONUG respondents weren’t able to claim complete control of their infrastructure is a wakeup call for enterprises to take stock of their data centers, strengthen their current network and bolster their application infrastructure.”
Key findings of the survey include:
- 91 percent of those surveyed view IT as an innovation driver for their business.
- 73 percent believe that a hybrid cloud data center allows a company to be most innovative.
- 69 percent feel that their company is only 80 percent in control of their data center.
- 53 percent of respondents work with more than 10 different technology (software and hardware) vendors in their data center.
- 42 percent of respondents believe that their company will shift its IT spend to the private cloud in the next 5 years, while 38 percent believe they will shift their spend to the public cloud over that same timespan.
The survey was conducted throughout the first day of ONUG Fall 2016, among a cross-section of attendees whose professions range from IT executives to C-Suite members.
AppViewX is a global leader in the management, automation and orchestration of network services in brownfield and greenfield data centers. The AppViewX Platform helps network operations (NetOps) adapt to technology and process demands, such as agile, DevOps, IoT, cloud, and software-defined infrastructure. AppViewX delivers greater business agility and efficiency at a lower cost. For more information, visit www.appviewx.com.
You can read the original press release here – http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161027005579/en/AppViewX%E2%80%99s-Innovation-Survey-ONUG-Fall-2016-Reveals