A multinational bank with operations in 70+ countries across geographies, this customer is a seasoned player in the BFSI domain. Offering a diverse range of consumer, corporate, and institutional financial services to clients, the organization generates over $15 Billion of revenue annually.
Get a Copy of our Case Study Now!
The network security teams across the firm’s global offices faced several PKI-related issues in their day-to-day operations:
The issue of paramount importance was the outages caused by expiring certificates, which, in turn, were triggered by less-than-ideal methods of certificate monitoring and management.
Consequence: System downtime often results in unprecedented ramifications – the internal inconvenience notwithstanding, outages of customer-facing systems are responsible for loss of business, customer trust, and more often than not, legal fines.
Rogue certificates were responsible for obvious compliance and security issues, resulting in unnecessary effort expended on remediation.
Consequence: The direct outcome of these issues is twofold: the possibility of regulatory
fines aside, exposure to risk of data theft is a huge cause of concern.
The PKI team was scattered across geographies, complicating cross-functional certificate management.
Consequence: Manually managing certificate infrastructures is a tedious exercise as is, and the existence of a geographical component only served to complicated it further, increasing the probability of human error plaguing the system.
AppViewX CERT+ automated the entire certificate management process within the customer’s network. Here are the highlights:
- Our single-window capabilities for detection, renewal, and revocation helped centralize certificate lifecycle management, permitting seamless collaboration between teams split across geographies
- Implementing full-cycle certificate management and automation eliminated the possibility of human error across the board.
- AppViewX’s integration with EJBCA (a widely-used CA) was a major draw, greatly simplifying the renewal/provisioning routine.
- Our automation workflows and policy definition capabilities ensured that the customer remained compliant
- The solution resulted in significantly lower network outages, security risks, and other miscellaneous vulnerabilities.