AppViewX is revolutionizing the way NetOps and DevSecOps teams deliver Machine Identity Management and Application Delivery Automation solutions services to Enterprise IT. The AppViewX Platform is a modular software application that enables the automation and orchestration of network infrastructure using an intuitive, context-aware, visual workflow. It quickly and easily translates business requirements into automation workflows that improve agility, enforce compliance, eliminate errors, and reduce cost. AppViewX customers are among the world’s most demanding Fortune 1000 organizations in financial services and banking, healthcare, oil and gas, manufacturing, and high tech.
Today, with Gartner Peer Insights rating of 4.9 out of 5, AppViewX automates NetOps, SecOps, and DevOps for six of the top ten global commercial banks, five of the top ten global media companies, and five of the top ten managed healthcare providers. AppViewX is headquartered in New York, U.S. with additional offices in U.K., Australia and three development centers of excellence in India.
The Director will be responsible for managing the entire product life cycle, including conducting consumer and market research, analyzing competitive landscape, setting product vision/strategy, managing product roadmap, defining product feature sets and detailed requirements, working with design and engineering to get product released, post launch support and monitoring key metrics to measure product success. He/She will be expected to grow the value and utility of the products in a dynamic, fast-moving marketplace, with success measured by product-specific measures. He/She will collaborate closely with internal stakeholders, external partners and an agile team to build an ambitious roadmap and rapidly analyze, test, implement, and optimize new and existing features and products.
Nature and Scope of the Role:
- The Director will ensure a collaborative and productive work environment with engineering. This role will work in partnership with customers to capture insight on required features while effectively partnering with marketing and sales to create a cohesive go-to-market strategy.
- Build a world class Product Management organization capable of driving product initiatives that correlate financial performance with product market performance. Recruit, select, develop, coach, and counsel a strong product management team
- Translate the core strategic vision into a prioritized product roadmap, implementing industry best practices and processes related to product planning, product management and overall product lifecycle management
- Increase portfolio value by developing compelling customer offerings. Understand the critical drivers of market/customer segmentation and differentiate based on growth and yield priorities. Drive organizational priorities by balancing short and long term objectives
- Own the product development and performance of at least 1 consumer experience product/module
- Work with the engineering teams to articulate market/product requirements in order to take roadmap initiatives through the development lifecycle from prototype to generally available to end of life
- Drive partnerships with Device manufacturers, Staging partners and Solution providers to drive PKI adoption in the context of identities.
- Assess current and evolving customer needs and perform market analysis to help determine build/buy/partner decisions. Drive research and use multiple data sources
- Manage day-to-day interactions with the development team to define user stories and acceptance criteria, groom backlogs, prioritize features, conduct user acceptance testing, and evaluate product performance.
- Define & drive technology partner ecosystem & strategy
- Leverage existing Product Management, Subject Matter Experts, and Business Analyst teams while growing NA team for outbound, customer facing Product Management (with P&L responsibility) additions
- Assist in managing relationships with business owners and other internal stakeholders.
- Assist in managing engagements with third-party partners and vendors in support of selected projects; represent Product in discussions with vendors and other stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyze product performance metrics in partnership with internal stakeholders and use this data to improve existing products and identify new product opportunities
- Represent AVX at industry events: panels, keynotes, and customer panel.
- Owns P&L responsibility
- A minimum of 10+ years in PKI and Certificate Lifecycle Management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree a plus.
- A minimum of 5-7 years in management/leadership roles. Led a minimum of 2-5 person global/distributed team and oversaw multiple enterprise products with robust platform. Held a P&L responsibility.
- Ability to think critically and constructively about complex business problems, clearly communicate analyses, and present solutions that address business needs.
- Experience in driving product definition and adoption in PKI and CLM space
- Experience in identity, encryption and other crypto functions
- Experience driving participation in and compliance with NIST or FIDO and other identity related certifications
- Experience working on cloud platforms like AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience in Machine Identity, the equivalent of human IAM on devices
- Experience in PKI at the Edge and protocols like CMP
- Experience in Customer Validation and defining GTM for product features
- Experience in identifying, analyzing and using data to independently test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success with attention to detail.
- Curious and open minded, with a knack for synthesizing and prioritizing stakeholder requests.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to succeed in delivering widely adopted technology products/services in a fast moving, high growth environment
- A highly motivated self-starter who can work effectively across cross-functional teams and also make things happen on your own.
- A strong communicator with great written and verbal skills.
- A team player and fun to work with.
- Loves to share inspiration and new ideas with your direct and indirect teams.