AppViewX is revolutionizing the space of Network Services Management, Automation and Orchestration (NetOps). Championed by several Fortune 500 companies, we have won the confidence of 5 of the top 10 Global Commercial Banks, 5 of top 10 US Managed Healthcare Companies and 6 of the top 10 US Financial Services Companies as our proud customers. And, we’re only getting started.
At AppViewX, we’re a creative, efficient and cohesive team driven to deliver. As a collaborative workspace, we’re in constant touch with our values and our culture. We work together in spirit of success and hold no bounds with regards to growth and development. We seek great minds dedicated to a great product with a passion to work with great people.
The Director will be responsible for managing the entire product life cycle, including conducting consumer and market research, analyzing competitive landscape, setting product vision/strategy, managing product roadmap, defining product feature sets and detailed requirements, working with design and engineering to get product released, post launch support and monitoring key metrics to measure product success. He/She will be expected to grow the value and utility of the products in a dynamic, fast-moving marketplace, with success measured by product-specific measures. He/She will collaborate closely with internal stakeholders, external partners and an agile team to build an ambitious roadmap and rapidly analyze, test, implement, and optimize new and existing features and products.
Nature and Scope of the Role:
- The Director will ensure a collaborative and productive work environment with engineering. This role will work in partnership with customers to capture insight on required features while effectively partnering with marketing and sales to create a cohesive go-to-market strategy.
- Build a world class Product Management organization capable of driving product initiatives that correlate financial performance with product market performance. Recruit, select, develop, coach, and counsel a strong product management team
- Translate the core strategic vision into a prioritized product roadmap, implementing industry best practices and processes related to product planning, product management and overall product lifecycle management
- Increase portfolio value by developing compelling customer offerings. Understand the critical drivers of market/customer segmentation and differentiate based on growth and yield priorities. Drive organizational priorities by balancing short and long term objectives
- Own the product development and performance of at least 1 consumer experience product/module
- Work with the engineering teams to articulate market/product requirements in order to take roadmap initiatives through the development lifecycle from prototype to generally available to end of life
- Drive partnerships with Device manufacturers, Staging partners and Solution providers
- Assess current and evolving customer needs and perform market analysis to help determine build/buy/partner decisions. Drive research and use multiple data sources
- Manage day-to-day interactions with the development team to define user stories and acceptance criteria, groom backlogs, prioritize features, conduct user acceptance testing, and evaluate product performance.
- Define & drive technology partner ecosystem & strategy
- Leverage existing Product Management, Subject Matter Experts, and Business Analyst teams while growing NA team for outbound, customer facing Product Management (with P&L responsibility) additions
- Assist in managing relationships with business owners and other internal stakeholders.
- Assist in managing engagements with third-party partners and vendors in support of selected projects; represent Product in discussions with vendors and other stakeholders.
- Monitor and analyze product performance metrics in partnership with internal stakeholders and use this data to improve existing products and identify new product opportunities
- Represent AVX at industry events: panels, keynotes, and customer panel.
- Owns P&L responsibility
- A minimum of 5-10+ years networking, automation, and security experience. Cloud, SaaS, loT expertise needed.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree a plus.
- A minimum of 5-7 years in management/leadership roles. Led a minimum of 2-5 person global/distributed Product Management team and oversaw multiple enterprise products with robust platform. Held a P&L responsibility.
- Ability to think critically and constructively about complex business problems, clearly communicate analyses, and present solutions that address business needs.
- Experience in hardware devices like IoT gateways, PLCs, SCADA systems, or their equivalent in another domain
- Experience in device firmware and the OS stack
- Experience in communication protocols applicable to the IoT devices like BacNet, Modbus, Profibus, Profinet, Zigbee, etc.
- Experience in Cloud platforms like AWS, GCP and Azure and SaaS applications on top of them
- Experience in Machine Identity, the equivalent of human IAM on devices
- Experience in PKI at the Edge and protocols like CMP
- Working knowledge of standards like NIST
- Experience in Customer Validation and defining GTM for product features
- Experience in identifying, analyzing and using data to independently test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success with attention to detail.
- Curious and open minded, with a knack for synthesizing and prioritizing stakeholder requests.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to succeed in delivering widely adopted technology products/services in a fast moving, high growth environment
- A highly motivated self-starter who can work effectively across cross-functional teams and also make things happen on your own.
- A strong communicator with great written and verbal skills.
- A team player and fun to work with
- Loves to share inspiration and new ideas with your direct and indirect teams.AppViewX is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status